Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TCP: NOTTING HILL (1999)


      Actually, this is my first time to write for the Tuesday Couch Potato meme. I got more excited to write since the theme for this week is "It's all about Hugh". Aside from actor Matthew Mcconaughey, Hugh Grant is really a favorite of mine. I've watched a lot of his movies and memorized lines, too. I know a lot of people would agree that he doesn't have the looks like Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise, but, whoa, his sex appeal is sooooo great. His English accent adds up to that which makes him cuter and more adorable. 
     So since I have to choose a Hugh Grant movie, Notting Hill is really on top of my list. And this movie is an all time favorite of mine, too. Julia Roberts, the lead actress, did a pretty great job in this movie, along with her co-stars. The movie is so light, fun, and very, very romantic-- the reason  all those hopeless romantics loved this movie. I've watched it countless times already.


 Here are some of the memorable lines from the movie:

William: "I live in Notting Hill. You live in Beverly Hills.       Everyone in the world knows who you are, my mother has trouble remembering my name."
Anna Scott: "I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her." 


Anna Scott: "Can I stay for awhile?"
William: "You can stay forever."

Anna Scott: "Busy tomorrow?"
William: "I thought you were leaving tomorrow?"
Anna Scott: "I was."

Anna Scott: "You know what they say about men with big feet."
William: " No, I don't, actually. What's that?"
Anna Scott: "Big feet... large shoes."

So if you, guys, haven't watched it yet, I really would suggest to grab a dvd now, sit back, relax, and enjoy watching the movie! :) 



                                      

0 comments: