Wednesday, June 9, 2010

TAKING THE BLAME

Genesis 43:1-10 ; verse 9 --If I do not bring Him back to you and set him before you, then let me bear the blame forever. 

           One of the rarest traits in human nature is we usually seek to put the blame on someone else. There was a time in my life that I was putting the blame on this particular person for what happened to my life in that certain time. And that time, one of the hardest things to learn, for me, is to take the blame, to say "I was wrong." But when I was slowly learning and growing in the Lord, I realized the reason why taking the blame is one of the most difficult things to do and learn and it was because I looked at it only from my own perspective. And if I calmly looked at it from the other person's point of view, it might appear entirely different. And I've learned that there are two sides to everything. And I can never see both sides until I stop accusing and just humbly listen to the other person instead.
So bottomline is, to solve a conflict, I need to be willing to take the blame. 


0 comments: