Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Miss Baking!


            In October 2007, my best friend, Peachy, taught me how to bake moist chocolate cake. I was really into baking at that time. So I tried hard to learn it and baked for family like twice a month. Then on my mom’s birthday in November, she gave a treat for her officemates so she let me bake a cake. To my amazement, her officemates said it’s delicious. They knew it was me who baked it. So they told my mom that they want to order cakes for the Christmas. Wow! That was really amazing news for me at the same time a challenging one. My mom supported me, though, by accompanying me to the store who sells baking materials because it was my first time to go there. I saw things like stainless steel barrels, drums, pails, buckets, as well as the ones I’m going to use for baking. Then December came, I got lots of orders. I couldn’t imagine that I sold more than 10,000 Pesos worth of cakes. That was an unforgettable experience for me. I wish I can bake again just like that.

0 comments: