Thursday, April 7, 2011

Teaching English To Koreans

             Maybe I wasn't able to mention this much, but I have been teaching English to Koreans for about 3 years already. I have taught some of them face to face, that means the kids came to the Philippines just to study English for about a month up to a year. Then after their contract, they go back to Korea continue their life there. And now, I am currently teaching English online via Skype in the comfort of my home. It's not really difficult because I can still see them though the web cam. So I can still see how they behave during our classes. It's really fun and challenging at the same time. Then probably ou might ask, "How do you get paid?" Well, I am paid through BDO bank. They send our salary every week. How nice is that? 
            The Korean owner is in Korea, while the manager and the teachers are living all over the Philippines. So if the boss wants to schedule a meeting, he just simply informs our manager that we will have a conference call with him. Then everything will just be set accordingly.

               It's really amazing how technology works, right? Through conference calling, several individuals who are miles away from each other can simply talk with each other at the same time, as if they are on the same vicinity and without the hassle of going to telephone booths or paying a big amount for the particular call. All you need is an internet connection and a headset. Amazing! 

0 comments: